We will be following government guidelines, but furthermore adding some further layers to help make this as practical as possible.
1. Prior to meeting any person, you will be asked if they are showing any symptoms or if they have been asked to self-isolate before arranging a viewing, property valuation, home visit or office visit.
2. Prior to any viewing taking place, all potential buyers and tenants will have reviewed our detailed marketing. This includes; professional marketing, floorplan, virtual tour and complete marketing video. They will have been thoroughly vetted to ensure there is clarity of their position, only then once this has been done a physical viewing will be scheduled.Safe distance viewings will only be arranged after the above, on the basis all parties are happy for them to take place:
a. Viewings are by appointment only
b. Either the tenants or sellers will be asked to not be present in the property during the viewing
c. All viewings will be accompanied
d. Each property will be provided with a supply of gloves and masks, prior to entering the property both the agent and viewer will be asked to put on new gloves and a mask, for the duration of the tour. At the end of each viewing these will then be disposed of and not reused.
e. During the viewing all parties will keep 2m apart were possible
f. Open house viewings are postponed until further notice
3. Flexibility will be encouraged around completion and move in days, for example:
a. At this time, same day exchange and completions are being advised by solicitors to avoid the Covid clauses to minimise financial risk of each party. Upon moving day, do ensure you use a PPE safe removal company and ensure gloves and masks are used on day of moving.
b. A clear empty period of 72 hours prior to the new tenant moving out and the new tenant moving in.
4. All keys will be cleaned before handover at time of move in day.
Specially for the Landlords & Tenants
1. Any property inspection that is due as per the tenancy agreement, will be conducted in accordance with government guidelines on working in other people’s homes & social distance
2. If possible necessary repairs, gas and electrical safety checks should be conducted during the period of the tenant vacating and that of the new tenant moving in, otherwise works will be completed by contractors in accordance with government guidelines on working in other people’s homes & social distance
3. Every effort to abide by gas and electrical safety requirements should be made. This may be more difficult due to restrictions associated with the coronavirus outbreak, for example where a tenant has coronavirus symptoms, is self-isolating or shielding. Under such circumstances, provided the landlord can demonstrate they have taken reasonable steps to comply, they would not be in breach.
4. We are asking for no parties to enter the property 24 hours prior to a tenant moving in, this may include cleaning to minimise any potential spread of the virus in line with Government advice.
5. Check in will be conducted as per a viewing procedure to protect all parties.
If you have any concerns and wish to discuss further, please do feel free to contact us.